The software behemoth has come out with the launch date of its latest operating system last year. The US-based software major has revealed all the latest advances in the latest OS Windows 10 for the benefit of the prospective users. After disclosing the advances the new OS has come out with, Microsoft also released the system requirements for the new operating system and features that are likely to get lost after its installation in a function. The interaction with the tech-geeks also disclosed the way the new Windows 10 would have while doing the OS upgrade.
Feature Depreciation in Windows 10
While interacting with the scribes from various tech-magazines, the officials of the software behemoth listed out the features that would be missing in the new operating system. In this article, we would be listing out the missing features when compared to those found in Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems across various editions. In their places, the new OS uses the software support from third-party sources.
1. Windows Media Center : This feature is present in Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8.1 Pro. The customers using these operating systems would lose this feature when they migrate to Windows 10. They would have to install separate playback software to see the DVD content.
2. Desktop Gadgets : This feature appears in Windows 7. When the Windows 7 users move to the Windows 10, they would be missing this feature altogether. So such users would be missing games such as Solitaire, Hearts and Minesweeper. In new OS, these games would have been replaced by Microsoft Minesweeper and Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
3. Floppy Disk : People using lower operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, and Windows NT are in for another shock when they go for new version. They would not be able to use the floppy drives already present in their computers. In order to make them working, they need to extra drivers that detect these drives.
4. Change in Windows Live Essential . On migration from lower OS versions to Windows 10, people would see inbox version of OneDrive replacing the OneDrive application.
5. Contana : After the OS upgrade, the users will miss out on Contana from the first day. The company released the new version of OS with this feature only the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, China, Spain and Germany initially for evaluation purpose.
6. Speech Recognition : The new OS requires high fidelity microphone array and a new hardware driver with exposed microphone array geometry for speech recognition.
7. Biometric Recognition : The new OS supports this feature only when a specialized infrared sensor is available with Iris detection facility and a fingerprint reader that comes with Windows Biometric Network.
8. Two-factor Security Authentication : The new OS does not support this feature directly. In order to make it functional, Windows 10 requires a fingerprint reader, illuminated infrared camera, or a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth supported phone and a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
9. Device Guard : This facility only comes in Windows 8 operating system. It is not seen in Windows 10. However, we can add this utility in the new OS with the help of certain third-party software installation.