Along with other treatment solutions that are on the market for treating impotence it is just as critical to pay strict attention to lifestyle and food intake in order to prevent and treat ED.
Vitamins and minerals are highly recommended as they help improve sexual functioning in men. Additionally, a man’s diet should include a lot of fresh and unprocessed whole foods. Also fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, sprouts, seeds, olive oil, soy and oily fish like tuna, salmon, sardines and mackerel should be consumed on a weekly basis. As a general guide, it is a good idea to limit the intake of sugar, dairy foods, heavily processed foods, junk foods and caffeine.
Clinical studies have shown that specific foods consumed on a regular basis can do a lot to lessen a man’s chance of suffering from impotence or ED symptoms. Some of these foods include:
1. Snails. A serving of snails cultivated specifically for human consumption can actually deliver the recommended dosage of zinc. Zinc is effective in repairing cells and improving overall sexual function in men, including an increase in sperm count. If the thought of eating snails is not appealing a man can also get 11 mgs of zinc by eating shellfish, oysters, pork, beans and lean beef.
2. Bananas. Bananas are a very rich source of potassium which helps in nerve functioning, controlling blood pressure and controlling heart beat. Other potassium rich foods are milk, beans, orange juice and tomato based products.
3. Fatty Fish. Fatty fish are among the super foods as a result of their richness in Omega-3. Fatty fish assist with the heart, circulation and in boosting the immune system. They also reduce a man’s risk of prostate cancer. Omega-3 is also present in other foods like walnuts, soya beans, flaxseed oil, canola oil and specially formulated eggs.
4. Cabbage. Cabbages help prevent cardiac disease and also cancer. Cabbage is rich in Vitamin C, potassium and sulphoraphane which assists in curing both colon and prostate cancer.
5. Acai Berries. These Brazilian berries are seen as one of the best anti-aging foods that also assist with ED. These berries have many health benefits including helping with arthritis, protecting the brain and also preventing artery blockages. Also they help to lower cholesterol and increase libido levels.
6. Goji Berries. These berries come from Western Asia and have been used by the Chinese for centuries for their sex enhancing properties. They can be eaten whole or consumed in juice form and contain 500 times the Vitamin C found in oranges.