After a while, you may get bored seeing the monotony of your desktop background every time you use your PC. Well, in that case, replacing the old desktop background with an animated one can be your solution. Animated desktop backgrounds give you special effects and eliminate the boredom of the regular wallpapers. These backgrounds are now available on the Internet and you can download them easily. How do you download an animated desktop background from an online site? Below are the easy steps to follow:
1. Start searching for a reputable website to obtain the backgrounds. Nowadays, there are many websites that provide downloadable animated wallpaper. They have complete collections of wallpaper to make your desktop more interesting. If you are not sure about the website’s reputation, read the feedback comments on the site. Their comments will help you decide if the website is reputable. These websites usually require you to log on and enter a password.
2. The websites require you to have the latest operating system and resolution. Thus, you need to check if your computer’s system has the required resolution, software and hardware to run the desktop background. To present a better picture, your computer should have higher screen resolution. For example, you will get higher picture quality with a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 than an 800 x 600 resolution. If your software or hardware doesn’t support the file, there are solutions to overcome this problem. You can use Stardock DeskScapes or Dream Maker to convert the flash movie into a video file. Then, run the file as a looped video wallpaper. Usually, most operating systems require you to go to the VLC player, click settings, then preferences and finally to the playlist to loop the animated desktop background.
3. Choose a wallpaper on the website and start the download process. Most or the animated wallpapers are downloaded as Flash animation.HTM files.
4. Click the “save to disk” button. This is a step to download the file and save it on your computer. Browse the location to save the file but make sure that it is easy to remember where you put it. That way you can access the file quickly when you need to locate or remove it. Usually the download process takes about one or two minutes; it depends on the file size.
5. Once you have completed the download process, it’s time to run the animated desktop background on your computer. First, right-click on the desktop and select properties on the drop-down menu. You can also click the start menu and select the control panel icon, find the display icon and finally click the desktop tab. To locate your .HTM file from where you saved it, use the browse button. Once you have selected the file, choose the background you want to run.
6. Before launching the background, check the preview screen to ensure that your wallpaper runs properly. If it works well, click the apply and OK buttons to launch the new animated desktop background.