Whether out of necessity or not, these five gadgets can make your daily long journey a more productive, safe, and enjoyable one:
- Bodyguard self-powered emergency tool. Any driver who takes his truck on the normal long haul will appreciate this gadget. This device has a compass, alarm, battery charger, hand crank for power, flashlight and radio built in, so you are ready for any situation that might arise.
- AiDA. AiDA is quite possibly the most technologically advanced of these 5 truck gadgets for men. AiDA is currently in development, but when finished will be able to warn a driver about heavy traffic, suggest alternate routes, suggest places to refuel when a driver is low on gas and even smile when a driver has an angry driving face. This is the gadget of the future.
- Gear4 dual charger. The Gear4 dual charger turns a cigarette lighter into two USB ports. This allows a multitude of devices to be charged on the go, including the all-important iPhones and iPods. It turns the rarely used cigarette lighter into one of the handset devices a guy can have in his truck.
- TruScene camera. The TruScene camera is a perfect truck gadget for when a car is parked in a public area. It records what happens around the truck, so when somebody hits the car in the grocery store parking lot, evidence is obtained and insurance can be claimed.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) systems. This alerts trucks if they are drifting out of their lane. With forward collision warning systems that help drivers keep a safe following distance with rear and front sensors. The Blind Spot Warning system alerts drivers of unsafe situations on the road based on vehicles or objects in adjacent lanes. Definitely a most have for trucks.